Herndon, Virginia

I drove the 84 miles to their store in Spokane since I was told if I came in on Monday they could have my glasses to me in the same day and get me home by five.

I delt with Jaime by phone and in person. She is an A1 liar and probably learned it from the store manager since later they both tell me my glasses should be ready by 4pm.

I was assured when I arrived that my glasses would be ready as promised. I was assured after the eye exam. I was assured after I picked out new frames and asked specifically if they indeed could have my glasses ready in an hour. But Jaime hedged here and I started to realize something was up. When she knew I was going to leave, she went and got the store manager. The store manager said she didn't see any reason why they couldn't have them to me by 4pm (some three hours). Yet this lie kept shifting as much as Jaime all the way up to the point where Jaime rang up my and charged my credit card. It was then that she said, "we can mail them to you". Unbelievable! I said "no way, back that charge out".

"Oh we'll try to get them made by 4 but I'm just saying..." I knew right then that this "little girl" was skilled in deceptive practices--and so was the manager!

I came back to the store at 4pm and others had join me. An old HA biker who had ordered two pairs of safetyglass lenes in sunglasses and clear. He only had one pair in and when he asked where the safety logo was, Jaime said not all of them have the logo! She then said she was sorry he had to wait an additional 3 weeks but hoped he was happy. He asked again about the other pair and Jaime just looked confused. He was leaving for Europe in the morning so he just left saying he would deal with it when he got back.

Another woman in a long purple dress was back again. She had been there at 11 am when I first arrived. I spoke to her mother who said that they had been given the run-a-round as well. This was the second trip from Kellog Idaho to Spokane in the same day for them. They had waited around on Friday and were told to come back on Monday. When they arrived in the morning they were told there was some confusion and that the glasses had been sent by mail to her. When they returned home they received a phone call saying the glasses were in and to come pick them up.

Could it get worse? They drove all the way back and everyone scurried, ignored her, and then Jaime finally said she didn't know where the lady's glasses were or why she got a phone call.

I sat there and witnessed all of this. One man came in to pick up his glasses after being reassured a week earlier that they "for sure would be ready". Only they couldn't even find a record of them. Finally the manager came out and said, "When we got the lenses in they were broken so we had to send them back for a new pair". I all but fell out when the man said, "What about the other pair?" The manager said, "Oh those came in with a broken frame". She said they would both be ready for pick-up this coming Monday.

Another young woman came in and while we sat there being avoided by the employees I learned that she had immigrated with her parents at age eight and was due to deliver her second child by the end of September--a girl. She had purchased prescription sunglasses.

Jaime found and brought out her glasses. The girl asked, "will the lenses keep falling out like before?"

I contacted my bank when I left the North Spokane store. I disputed the charges since I received nothing as promised. The store still has my brand new Hugo Boss titatium frame that I purchased last year. I notified corporate and demanded that my frame be sent back to me in new condition within 10 days or we could all go to court.

After I contacted the company, I received a phone call from the store manager, Gena *** .

She said she was sorry for what happened on Monday. She said she was in the back the whole time and had no idea what was taking place in the store. Apparently, she didn't know which customer she was speaking with since it was her that changed the time to 4pm in person to my face!

I sent a second email to the corporate telling them how insulted I was by Gena ***'s continued lies. I reiterated that they needed to return my frames and no payment will issued by my bank.

Now here's some insider knowledge: Had I chosen to use my bank of america debit card, I would have had to initiate an action with the vendor prior to the bank doing anything, but since i chose to use my credit card, Bank of America is doing all the work for me.

Years back I worked for Pearle Optical and we never lied to get a commission. Indeed Pearle is one of the few places that is approved by the state of Washington for apprenticeships in Optometry. Everyone in the store is trained in the lab and in sales. When Pearle says one hour, they mean it. I should have gone to West Spokane and to Pearle.

Comments

Optical retailer National Vision Inc. acquired the Eyeglass World chain from Vision Care Holdings LLC, in early 2009.

New ownership and management value their customers and take pride in offering affordable prices for great products while maintaining a very high level of customer satisfaction.

Our associates and managers maintain a high aptitude of customer satisfaction. We value you as our customer and hope that you would consider revisiting our Eyeglass World store under new ownership.

Thanks for the review. I was considering going to eyeglass world but you convinced me otherwise.

I went to the store in North Spokane about 8 years ago and had a bad experience. The optometrist was EXTREMELY rude. I had the first appointment of the day and it was so cold in his office the machine used to check my vision kept fogging up. I ended up getting the wrong prescription.

Then after ordering my glasses it took weeks to get them in. Does anyone know of a good place to go? I got my presciption from lenscrafters and bought glasses through them, but returned them due to the crazy price and the fact that the right lens was not set right and was creaking.

I was thinking about ordering through framesdirect.com. Does anyone know if they are good?

thats a nice book you wrote there :grin

why dont you write a longer book next time...